Six area businesses were honored by the U.S. Small Business Administration earlier this week.
The 16th Annual SBA Small Business Excellence Award luncheon took place Monday at the Double Tree Hotel in East Syracuse, to recognize the achievements of regional small businesses based on their longevity, innovation, sales growth, increased employment, ability to overcome adversity and community contributions.
Sherry DePerno’s Marcy-based Advanced Tools Inc., was one of six local companies honored at the ceremony. She said the award an unexpected honor, and was happy to see so many area companies represented among the 23 total winners.
The other local winners were:
* Legacy Fiberoptics of Clinton, owned by Ken Stewart.
* A&P Master Images of Utica, owned by Howard and Amanda Potter.
* Cathedral Corporation of Rome, owned by Marianne Gaige.
* Davidson Automotive Group of Rome, owned by Donald, Diane, Douglas, and Dwight Davidson.
* Parry’s of Hamilton, owned by Gwenn and Evan Werner.